Battlefield 2018 Single Player Story

In an interesting twist, that I don’t think we have seen in any modern war game, but it looks like the single player story line will let you battle from a German perspective.This is going to be pretty interesting.

According to VentureBeat’s Jeff Grubb, Battlefield 5’s (or Battlefield 2018, or Battlefield V) story will follow the same pattern as Battlefield 1 with each chapter featuring a different character offering the opportunity to experience the war from many different angles. This means multiple stories and plenty of gameplay variety, just like any fan would want from his single player content. The main campaign will take place across different locations and periods during World War 2, just like its predecessor.

Note that this is a leak and even though Jeff Grubb has previously been on point with other rumors regarding the Battlefield 5 ((or Battlefield 2018, or Battlefield V) setting and name. As it seems, this time you’ll be able to experience World War 2 from the eyes of the Germans, this doesn’t mean though that the whole campaign will be based on that.

It’s also been a very long time since DICE made a full World War 2 Battlefield game. The last one that they made that took place in that time period came out on PC and Mac OS back in 2002 as Battlefield 1942 and got two expansions before they moved on.

We have to be patient to find out what Electronic Arts and DICE have to announce about Battlefield 5 before we jump into assumptions. The companies are already working on a trailer for the game so it won’t be long until we see it in action. Let’s just hope it won’t have the same fate as Star Wars: Battlefront 2 whose future success has been compromised by the false use of microtransactions.

If this is true then MY GOD i love Dice! They listen to the community and take actual GOOD choices. i’ve always wanted a WW2 Game with amazing graphics and a single player story where you play as a German Soldier. Battlefield 2018 might just be The perfection of Battlefield games, only thing that i am afraid of is that the single player story will be as short as BF1

Also, i believe Battlefield 2018 has been confirmed to have ONLY Cosmetic microtransactions, just like all the other Battlefield games, so no need to worry about the “Battlefront Mistake”

Yeah - I agree. I wonder why all of the other devs have not thought about this. We know that Germany lost the way, however, that doesn’t mean there isn’t a good story to tell there.
As for the Single Player being short, why don’t we have additional single player missions as part of the DLC’s, or Premium Pass or something along those lines.

Yeah - the microtransaction stuff is true. Was posted on this very site by @white

1 new Single Player Chapter for each DLC would be nice.

Wonder why none of the major development teams have done it.

Perhaps it is was easier to add more MP maps than it is to add another SP story. Probably all comes down to money.

SP would cost way more to develop. They need writers, script people, and cannot resuse any of the assets.

With multiplayer, all they need to do is create some new assets (maps, graphics etc). Easier to pump out.

I’m definitely hoping they have a German perspective for a campaign, and definitely a WWII BF game

I cannot think of any other games in recent memory that had a campaign from the German perspective. Would be an interesting twist on the modern shooter

Most Definitely. It would be a fresh experience, I think.

Honestly kind of surprised that none of the main dev shops thought of it as it would be a much fresher experience than the traditional 'America Saves The Day"