Here is some very interesting thoughts.
1. World of Games (German retailer) accidentally published that BF5 would be “im 1 weltkrieg” (“World War I” in German) [February 26th, 2016]
[*]World War I setting
2. AlmightyDaq posts a YouTube video[/URL] spewing all kinds of “leaked” information. He recently made a [URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4hdmvu/battlefield_2016_detailed_from_my_inside_source/’]post on /r/gaming. [March 3rd, 2016]
World War I setting
“Battlefield One” or “Battlefield 1918”
Maps: Amiens, France + Italian Coast + Scar + Desert + Mountain Fort + Chateau
Game-modes: Conquest, Rush, TDM, Domination, Last Squad Standing (experimental), Pigeon / CTF (experimental), Air Superiority (biplanes), Conquest/Rush mix
Vehicles: war horses, light tanks with self-repair (one-seater), heavy tanks (three-seater), scout planes (one-seater), bomber planes (2-seater), RHIB-like boats, warships
Weapons: prototype weapons + WWI-era weapons, grenades (impact, incendiary, gas), claymores, bayonets for charging, “hero” gadget (flamethower), mortars, flares
Classes: medic (repair tool + medbag) + assault (claymores) + support (ammo) + recon (beacon)
Dynamic weather on every map & weather rotations
[*]Alpha-testers: jackfrags, levelcap, ponylion, westing (spelling?),
3. /u/dDogg32[/URL] on [URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4’]/r/battlefield_4[/URL] mentions that his old mate is a tester for EA. He confirms [URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/4gztg6/official_the_next_battlefield_will_be_revealed/d2mhhie’]biplanes are included and the setting is World War I. [April 29, 2016]
World War I setting
4. Day0fRevenge on the Battlelog Forums posts a screenshot with an invitation to a “Battlefield 1 Beta”. Battlefield 1 sounds like a prequel name. [April 30th, 2016]
5. Txt231 on Twitter[/URL] used the [URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4hzbov/anyone_reconize_this_plane_also_check_the_link/d2tn56a’]Origin Developer Tool[/URL] to find an [URL=‘http://i.imgur.com/XYOvrDx.png’]Origin Achievement image placeholder[/URL] on an [URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/4hzbov/anyone_reconize_this_plane_also_check_the_link/’]EA.com domain[/URL] ([URL=‘https://twitter.com/txt231/status/728242446707118080’]since removed[/URL]) showing a biplane, [URL=‘https://twitter.com/txt231/status/728213700595863553’]class names[/URL], [URL=‘https://twitter.com/txt231/status/728161574477668352’]number of single-player epsiodes, and name (“Battlefield 1”). [May 5th, 2016]
World War I
4 classes: medic, assault, scout/recon, support
6. Battlefield Intel[/URL] (of [URL=‘http://gamesintel.com/’]gamesintel.com[/URL]) on Twitter states it’s [URL=‘https://twitter.com/bravoINTEL/status/728260511221972993’]“World War I with a twist”. [May 5th, 2016]
Then, we have EA DICE having a boner talking about the “History of Battlefield”. They’ve never done that before for a Battlefield launch.
[SIZE=6]It makes sense now: the next Battlefield game is a prequel to BF1942.[/SIZE]
It’s called the Battlefield World Premiere.
The “First Look” video shows a leather jacket[/URL] that looks like 1900s-era military clothing ([URL=‘https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6EhW8WmG95WR83i8/giphy.gif’]GIF without text)
The name is Battlefield One. World War One.
Casey Al-kaisy, the Online Marketing Manager for EA DICE on Battlefield, tweeted that “I don’t think people will expect this one!”[/URL], meaning it probably isn’t an era that BF has been in before. (thanks to[URL=‘https://www.reddit.com/u/TehDarkArchon’]/u/TehDarkArchon)